- Prepare fresh ingredients for cooking according to recipes/menu
- Cook food and prepare menu items in a timely manner
- Test foods to ensure proper preparation and temperature
- Operate kitchen equipment safely and responsibly
- Ensure the proper sanitation and cleanliness of work surfaces or serving areas and storage containers to ensure safe and sanitary food-handling practices
- Ensure freshness of food and ingredients by checking for quality, keeping track of old and new items, and rotating stock
- Respond to guest feedback with appropriate urgency and professionalism
- Previous experience as a restaurant cook in a high volume kitchen preferred
- ServeSafe or Food Handler’s certification (or must be willing to attain)
- Effective communication skills
- Able to lift, carry, or pull objects that may be heavy; ability to lift overhead
- Ability to work standing for duration of shift
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Malarky’s Irish Pub, simply known as Malarky’s, is a Newport Beach staple with a long, rich history. Malarky’s is surrounded with old picture frames filled with memories of past and present. The warm and inviting family-friendly pub and restaurant offers the best breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
If you are looking for a true local’s spot, check out Malarky’s at www.malarkyspub.com.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)